Thursday, November 7, 2013

I'm Back! With even Bigger Ideas!

So it seems as though I have went almost two years without so much as a hint of blogging. Up until I recently logged onto www.backyardherds.com ,an excellent site and forum might I add, I had forgotten all about my little blogging endeavor.

Things have changed significantly in these two years. It almost is funny how much can change. Two years ago I was on top of the world. A high school student, and a homesteader. Not really a likely pair, but I did a fair job. Since then I've moved on. High school has turned into college. College means city life, and city life means farming a whole new way.

That whole new way of farming I haven't really explored yet, but that is all about to change. I am about to embark on a little experiment. This December I move into a small seven hundred and fifty square foot apartment. It is just a little one bedroom. Nothing special in the least except perhaps a porch. Which is the only upsizing I'm doing. Of course I live on the typical college budget, and in a typical college city. With the size constraints and the lack of land to dig into I've been losing my mind, but that's about to change, and I want you to be a part of that!

I now live in the city of Chattanooga, TN. This little city has lost a lot of its relations with where its food comes from, and that has got to change! I am going to attempt to turn my small little apartment into a model for self-sufficiency when it comes to apartment living, while maintaining a stylish home, and an esthetically pleasing atmosphere on a college style budget. Please join me on my new journey of changing Chattanooga and peoples ideas about food and farming! Along the way hopefully if anyone even reads this little blog you will learn some homesteading ideas, and perhaps implement them! Want to know more about me? Well please feel free to click on the link below and visit my Instagram!

Thank you!

http://instagram.com/austintgraf

No comments:

Post a Comment